Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Day 5 - The last Facebook Repost for all you Non-FB Users ;)

Day 5.

(From Facebook) - I need to switch all this info to our blog because that would be the most logical place to update everyone, especially since not everyone has Facebook. Maybe I can copy all these posts to the blog this weekend when I have some down time and I find my brain. LOL (For all you non Facebook people, I apologize that I have let you hanging. I am going to endeavor to do better.)

Anyways, yesterday was a good day with Caleb. I got to hold him for over 4 hours, some with skin to skin. He is so sweet and I can't get over how tiny he is. Since he is transferred to the bassinet, he has lost weight some it is not at birth weight now. He took a bottle yesterday morning for the nurse. I will have to see how she did overnight when I get there this morning.

I am so grateful that he is as healthy as he is. As I sit there in a room full of preemies , I am just think we aware of how fragile life really is. I'll probably write a blog on that topic alone here in the near future. It's just a matter of finding time to actually write a blog. Voice texting while I continue on my duties as the easiest thing for me to do.


Yesterday we were supposed to meet the birth family but they could not make the appointment so it got postponed to possibly Thursday maybe later. I'm cool if it waits till later but I would love to meet them and hug their necks and tell them thank you for the gift of Caleb. The birth mother's rights terminated yesterday at 5 p.m. The birth father's rights terminate on Friday at 5 p.m. I believe I heard the Lord tell me this is my son so I'm clinging to that instead of the nagging voice of fear that buzzing around my head like an annoying fly. I'll choose peace over fear, and it really is a choice , because fear has rattled around my head for so long that it thinks it has a right there. I gave that to Christ a long time ago but I still struggle.

Anyways, our house is clean and ready for a the final walk-through by our social worker. Because it has been over six months since they were last here (actually it has been over 20 months), they have to check and make sure that everything that was there previously is still in place. I was grateful the meeting got cancelled last night so that we could come home and clean our house. I have an amazing husband. He rolled up his sleeves and dug into the cleaning with me, and even ate a dinner that was edible but that was about it.

I'm off to Norfolk this morning and Eric will get to go this evening. I'm probably going to skip Bible study and spend time with Joshua here at home , and maybe transfer all this text to our blog for our non-facebook friends... and for all you Facebook Savvy people as well.

I can't wait till Friday after 5 when I can show you pictures of our darling boy. I still can't believe he's ours. When I change his diaper or his onesie it feels like I'm playing dolls. Only those darn hoses and wires remind me that he's a very real little boy. His baby clothes are so small that they look like something that would go on a baby doll and not on a little peanut of a boy. I will update you all later. Hope you have a good day. thank you for your continued prayers for our little family. ( and when you pray could you remember the babies that are in the NICU with Caleb and their families? )

No comments:

Post a Comment