Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 16 Repost from Facebook Since I failed to update my blog.

Yesterday was a good day all around. Church was great. Celebrating with our church family was awesome. Taking Joshua to meet his brother was definitely a memory worth preserving. I think Caleb became more real to Joshua once he got to touch him. He did very well for the hour he was in the room. Course he lost interest after a little bit because all Caleb does is lay there. But I think they will be best buds in no time. Not sure if we're going to bring Joshua down there again because the NICU is really not a place for a child so small and he gets pretty restless. We're just going to hope that Caleb comes home sooner rather than later.
I think the best surprise of all was when we walked into the NICU and Caleb was in a bassinet instead of the incubator! That was the first mile marker on the journey towards coming home. The little guy needs to learn to take bottles. Doctors and nurses say that it's just because he was so early and that portion of his brain is not developed yet. He'll learn. I get to go down today and hold him for 4 hours. I will probably do a lot of skin-to-skin and Kangaroo time with him. Thank you for your love and continued prayers. Our needs are few at this time with the exception of much prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment